One of the best portrait lenses ever made for Sony E-Mounts.
Batis 135mm f2.8 This lens was quite of a surprise to all the E mount users cause none of us were really expecting Carl Zeiss to come up with 135mm for Sony E mount.
Carl Zeiss has always made manual glass and they have been best at it but for the first time they came up with auto focus lenses for Sony E Mount. I've been a fan of this brand cause these glasses are one of the best in the market and you cannot doubt about it.
Anyhow, I got my hands on Batis 135mm f2.8 and I had to take it to a test shoot to experience the joy of this beauty. Here are few images of the package and the look of the lens.
Package of the lens was pretty minimal but the look and feel of the lens is amazing and for 135mm this is very light weight.
- I wish this lens was f2.0 but I don't want to question further cause the lens is light weight and the image quality is brilliant.
- It's quite pricey for f2.8 (MRP INR 1,45,000) but then we can't question cause its Carl Zeiss.
- If you're a wedding photographer this could be a great lens to have in your bag for the obvious reason, your subject is far but you need the shot from a corner.
- If you're a portrait shooter and looking for new lenses this is it. You won't regret.
There are many reasons why you should buy this lens and many reasons to not buy one. I'm not trying to sell just putting my opinion. Here are some pictures I Shot on this lenses:
Unfortunately, it started to rain by the time we reached the location but that did not stop us from shooting. I hope you like this blog. Please comment, like and subscribe for more.
- Batis 135mm f2.8
- Profoto B1 with a 10mm Grid
- Few shots I've used gels to create ambient
Special Thanks to Rajkumar from Srishti Digi Life for letting me test the lens.